A residential vertical platform lift, also referred to as a wheelchair lift, provides easy access for people with mobility issues. The vertical platform lift can be used both indoors or outdoors, and it can be easily installed without compromising the architectural design of your house.
Make Your Home Accessible
A vertical platform lift is best for homeowners and family members who has limited mobility. This accessibility device has a 750-pound capacity and can reach up to 14 feet. A residential platform lift is installed to provide accessibility for wheelchair users stairs become an obstacle to get in and out from the house. It also allows the user to travel between different levels of the house and are even used as an alternative to a residential elevator.
Factors to Consider
Below are guide questions to help you make the right decision.
- Why do you need a vertical platform lift? Will you use it to transport bulky goods, your laundry, groceries, or people?
- How long will you need to move between floors? Measure the height of the lift you will need for your house from the ground level to the top landing platform. Will you need it indoors or outdoors?
- Who will use the lift? How much space do you need to accommodate a certain number of people or the wheelchair or scooter?
- How much weight does the lift need to carry? Measure the weight of the wheelchair, the person with disabilities, or the approximate weight of any goods you need to transport.
- Do you need a special configuration that you think will be useful for your application? Nowadays, there are different kinds of elevators and lifts in the market that have a variety of configurations, like a 90-degree adjacent. Carefully consider which side of the lift you think will be suitable for you to enter and exit the lift.
- Is it cost-efficient option for you? Residential vertical lifts are cheaper compared to a standard residential elevator, so it might be a good idea to opt for it if you want to keep the cost as low as possible.
From Planning to Realization
It is best to reach out to your local residential vertical platform lift company to have professional advice when planning to install a residential vertical platform lift. All your concerns and inquiries can be best addressed by experts and they can even give you a FREE quote so you will know how much this project will cost you.
At DELTA Accessibility, our professional team is well-versed in both national and local code requirements in the installation of mobility devices. They can assist you in the planning and design of your residential lift. With their knowledge and expertise, your installation process can be implemented with ease. Contact us today to know more about our services and products!