Every homeowner desires to make their living spaces as accessible as possible. A residential vertical platform lift could help you achieve the mobility you seek in your house. A stair lifts Houston helps you move around and up and down your house with ease. This is also very useful for people, with mobility issues due to age and sickness, to move around the house without minimal assistance and become more independent.
Residential vertical platform lifts are perfect for individuals who find it hard to climb the stairs, as well as to caregivers who provide assistance to elderly and people with disability. The presence of a platform lift in an environment that has more than one level is crucial for the wellness of the people residing there.
Residential Vertical Platform Lift
Residential vertical platform lifts are available for indoor mobility needs and are made to support mobility devices such as power chairs, power scooters, and wheelchairs. As for residential use, the lifting height can go as high as 14 feet. Depending on your specific needs, you may settle for a vertical platform lift that is compatible with your indoor space.
If you wish to install a residential vertical platform in your home or in the garage, they should be installed on leveled concrete surface. Leveled and smooth surfaces are best landing floors for such residential vertical platform lift. Their usability could be maximized when any obstruction is out of sight.
No matter where you go, mobility is essential for the navigation in your home. Whether you need access to a porch or a lifted deck, access can be limited if you do not have a vertical lift platform installed. Residential vertical platform lifts are made to cater to people for easy, safe, and efficient movement inside their home. The convenience of stopping at any level using residential vertical platform lift is worth the expense.
Residential vertical platform lifts are useful also in moving heavy objects. In fact, loads with a weight of 600 to 1,400 pounds can be carried using vertical platform lifts. Transporting things up and down the house will no longer be a difficult task.
Top features of residential vertical platform lifts
If you have a member in the family who is recovering from an injury or suffering from temporary ailments involving muscles and joints, a residential vertical platform lift will ease their pain, and they can have the liberty of moving around the house if they need to, without bothering other people for assistance. Vertical platform lifts are designed to function in low-rise structures and can be customized based on preference.
Residential vertical platform lifts serve many other purposes too. Raised entries, decks, porch, or other areas of your house can be accessed if you have a vertical lift installed.
Our residential vertical platform lifts have standard features, including:
- Self-lowering ramp
- Emergency stops
- Weather-protected controls
- Welded steel tubular construction, featuring a 16-GA sheet guard
- 750-pound weight capacity
In addition, we are also offering these various options:
- Paddle controls
- Platform canopy
- Manual lowering hand tool control
- Platform gate
- 90-degree platform with an adjacent exit at the top landing
- Landing call station with a key switch
- Cold weather package
With these features, our residential vertical platform lift makes it easy for you to get into all floors in your home comfortably, minimizing the risk of accidents. Vertical platform lifts can also have non-slip features and protection against unauthorized operation.
Platform lifts vary on models, configuration, and operation to suit your specific needs. They can be pre-customized to match your home design and structure so the unit can serve its purpose efficiently.
When selecting a residential vertical platform lift, safety is paramount, and so is the weight capacity. Aside from the standard features, our residential platform lifts have obstruction detectors that prompt an instant halt until the obstacles are removed.
For example, if your pets are blocking the way, they cannot be harmed. The lift platform will detect them and stop. Also, they have an alternative battery power source for backup in case of a power outage. Thus, your safety is guaranteed even inside your home.
Top considerations when choosing a residential vertical platform lift
When you decide to have a vertical platform lift installed, you have to check the particular type that suits your needs. While there are various considerations to determine which vertical lift platform is suited for your home, the basic considerations include structural designs, available space for shaft, and number of floors.
Other factors to consider:
- If your home has enough space for modification
- If you have ready budget for emergency renovations
- If you have budget for unit maintenance
It is important to know if your home is good with a residential vertical platform lift or if a more robust type of lift, such as an elevator, is required instead.
Other factors that affect your decision to have a residential vertical platform lift installed:
- Traveling speed: The traveling speed of your home lift platform should be moderate enough to prevent accidents. A moderate speed goes around 30 to 40 feet per minute.
- Lifting height: The residential platform lifts have unique specifications and you need adequate ceiling height and floor height within your building to accommodate them. Miscalculations on height will lead to installation problems and operation failures.
- The loading capacity and space allowance: An ideal home lift platform should have adequate space and capacity to lift the weight that matches your load and designated users.
- Safety features: Reliable home vertical platforms offer an array of diverse safety features that provide for the convenient means of navigation for users with physical impairment. The safety features are an important component of lift platforms to avoid accidents indoors due to mechanical malfunctions. You should consider a vertical platform with guardrails, safety auto-lock doors, emergency stop, and remote control functionality.
- Cost: Before purchasing a vertical platform lift for your home, ensure that the model meets your budget and the right specifications for transporting items and people within your home.
- Design: The design of your residential platform lift should conform with the needs of the passenger, especially if he or she is a physically challenged person. If that person is wheelchair-bound, then a lift with a wider room space is needed.
The primary objective of obtaining a residential vertical platform lift is for convenience. So, it is best to decide on the size and physical structure before aesthetic matters are considered and before any decision is finalized.
Why choose vertical platform lifts from DELTA Accessibility?
At DELTA Accessibility, we provide mobility products for people to experience a barrier-free life and the comfort of having freedom to move around the house. We understand the need for optimal safety when elderly and small children are around. We make sure that our products are safe from accidental activations from toddlers, keeping them safe from potential injuries. Plus, our units are built for long-term functionality.
If you have mobility limitations due to a physical impairment and wish to regain your independence, residential vertical platform lifts from DELTA Accessibility help you overcome these challenges. With our wide selection of high-quality home vertical platforms, you can find a befitting model for the comfortable navigation from floor to floor. Our selection includes models with height and weight capacities.
With our expert knowledge in the manufacture and functionality of vertical platform lifts, you can depend on us to provide you with the right model to suit your needs. Also, we provide you with hassle-free installations. We approach each installation project with utmost diligence and deliver national standards of safety.
Your home should be a comfortable space with no limitations on mobility and accessibility, and with DELTA Accessibility you do not have to worry about finding a custom vertical platform. Our vertical platform lifts serve to help make your home a worth-living space.
Contact us today to book a free consultation or hire us for the installation of the residential vertical platform lift. We are your ideal residential mobility partner.
Let Us Improve Your Quality of Living!
DELTA Accessibility can consult on and meet your commercial adaptation needs no matter the size of the project. From small businesses to large corporations, we are big enough to serve and small enough to care.