This article is specifically for homeowners who have finally decided to install a stairlift in their home but being held back by one single concern: the shape of their stairs.
There are different types of stair lifts Houston available in the market today, and you just have to choose the best that suits your home structure and the space that you have. Can you install a stairlift in a narrow staircase? Or does your house have a low ceiling?
The desire to get a stairlift against the knowledge of the different kinds of stairlift and customization options will trouble your mind. Explained below are the different types of stairlifts, which may help you decide what you should have for your home.
Types of stairlifts
- Curved stairlifts—A curved stairlift obviously is designed for a curved stair. These are attached to curved tracks that go round the bends of the staircase. The tracks are customized to suit each staircase which turns on corners or goes on a spiral staircase.
- Narrow staircase stairlifts—Often, these kinds of stairlifts have folding arms, seats, and footrests. They run on a slim rail so that when they are not used, the seat can be folded up.
- Seated stairlifts—The most common type of stairlifts used for homes is this type. Seated stairlifts can be for straight staircase or curved staircase. Obviously, straight seated stairlifts are designed for straight staircases, those without a bend or middle landing, while a curved seated stairlift is customized for staircases that have bends and stops in the middle. During transfer, the user should sit comfortably and transfer on and off either at the top or bottom of the stairs. Most seated stairlifts have swivel seats for easy loading and unloading and can be controlled automatically or manually.
- Outdoor stairlifts—The elderlies and other members in your household may be fond of the outdoors. With outdoor stairlifts, they can enjoy going up and down the stairs should they want to spend more time in the garden. Outdoors stairlifts are designed to be waterproof and can reach certain areas in the house that normally would not be accessible without it.
- Transfer platform stairlifts—These stairlifts are intended for staircases with half-landings. Installing this kind of stairlifts is a professional job. Consult with your stairlift dealer if they can guide you or have themselves install the stairlift to avoid miscalculations. Remember that a transfer platform stairlift involves having to install two platforms, one intended for the first ride, and then the second for ascending all the way to the top.
Whatever your choice for a stair lift, a stair lift dealer must have something for you: customized. Ask for a reputable dealer or stair lift installation so your money will not be wasted. At DELTA Accessibility, we make your life easy by providing you free information and assistance whenever you need a stair lift for your home. Contact us now for a free assessment with our Chair lift for Stairs and mobility devices and take the pleasure of owning a customized stair lift in your home.