Residential vertical platform lifts are especially beneficial for people with disability and for aged individuals who have limited movement. This mobility aid allows wheelchair users to be transported from the ground to a higher elevated area or vice versa without having them leave their wheelchair.
Platform lifts are versatile and can be used both indoors and outdoors. There are different types and models of vertical platform lifts and it can either work on hydraulics or electrical energy. If you are still wondering whether having a residential vertical platform lift will be a good investment for you and your family, below is a list of the important uses and benefits of the device. To get a FREE assessment, call a trusted resource for consultation and installation of accessibility equipment for homeowners.
Uses of Residential Vertical Platform Lifts
Residential vertical platform lifts are used to give easier access to your house. It can be used for the following purposes:
- It can help individuals with disabilities to be elevated or lowered between different floor levels. People with limited mobility or visually impaired individuals find it difficult and sometimes impossible to use the stairs.
- If you have children, prams and pushchairs can be used to grant you easy access by using a vertical platform lift.
- If you have problems moving heavy goods or merchandise, you can use a platform lift to comfortably carry them with ease. In addition, it can reduce the risk of accidents and offer safety for you when you need to transport heavy goods.
Benefits of Residential Vertical Platform Lifts
Here are the following significant benefits of vertical platform lifts for residential buildings:
- Efficient. It can carry up to 750 lbs of weight and are specially designed to consume less energy while ensuring the safety of the user.
- Safer compared to staircases. For the user to reach the higher floor, he or she just have to stay on top of an enclosed platform and control the device to elevate him or her.
- Promote independence. It can be sometimes troublesome for a family member or caregiver to always assist a person with disabilities. With the use of a mobility device, you no longer have to worry for the safety of your loved one as he or she can easily use the controls of the platform lift to get in and out of your house.
- Give confidence to users. Your loved one with a disability does not have to worry every time he or she uses the platform lift because top models of self-supporting mobility device are equipped with additional safety features and easy control.
- Increase the value of your house. Good quality and well-maintained platform lifts are now becoming a popular choice for many, as it can be useful for occupants who have accessibility problems.
Are you ready to install a residential vertical platform lift?
Installing residential vertical platform lift is essential for those who have difficulty in getting access to their own house. At DELTA Accessibility, we fervently believe that a home should be a place free of worries and danger. That is why we provide affordable products and high-quality service for our clients who want to improve the access to their house.
The team at DELTA Accessibility does not settle for less until we see you to be happy and satisfied with our residential vertical platform lift. If you would like to know more about the mobility equipment we sell or you want to avail for our free consultation, contact us today.