At certain a point, the elderlies and even some young people lose the ability to go up and down the stairs. Mobility issues can be brought by an injury, weak joints, poor eyesight, and other conditions. For people who live in houses with two or more story, it can pose some difficulties in climbing up the stairs.
Luckily, there is a solution to this problem. chair lift for stairs can give elderly and people with disabilities the full access to their house. They do not have to change their routine or limit their activities because they will claim their freedom back with the help of chair lifts. You do not have to relocate to a smaller house and it can be a great alternative for residential elevators.
This assistive device comes in different models to meet your needs. If you are looking for a stair lifts Houston, getting acquainted with the different types and understanding the features of this equipment will help you to make the right choice.
Features to consider when buying a chairlift
When you purchase a chair lift, there are some features that you have to consider to meet your needs. Check the list below.
- You have to consider the weight capacity of the chairlift. It should have enough capacity to carry the user from bottom to top landing.
- The length of the chairlift track, it should be long enough to reach the top landing.
- Some chairlifts have a backup battery power to secure that you can still use it even if there is a sudden power outage.
- Advance chairlifts have safety sensors that can detect obstructions along the stairs and it will not operate unless it is removed.
- You have to check that the controls are user-friendly, it should be easily maneuvered by a person with disabilities.
- Lastly, you have to evaluate what kind of staircase you have and let the professional measure and install it for you!
How much does chairlift cost?
There are two main factors that affect the price of a chair lift: its length, and type. An ordinary straight chair lift can range from $3000 to $4000; however, a curved chair lift can cost approximately $15, 000 or more depending on the staircase design. You need to be careful in choosing the right manufacturer that makes good quality products at reasonable prices.
Whether you are wheelchair-bound, a person with disabilities, an elderly suffering from weak muscles or you recently had an operation, a chairlift can help you stay mobile at the comforts of your home.
An ample time to research the best type and features you need will surely help you make a decision in choosing the right chair lift. If you made up your own on what type of chairlift to buy, then the next step will be finding the right dealer in Houston, Texas. DELTA Accessibility is one of the most trusted dealers in town. Our team will come to your house and evaluate the type of chairlift you need to ensure the user’s safety and well-being.
Do not let mobility issues trap you at home and hinder you to enjoy your life. Contact us now and let us quickly install your chairlift!